Monday, July 27, 2009

Michael Vick

I just read that Michael Vick has been conditionally reinstated to the NFL. He is eligible to sign with any team, participate in training camp and could be able to play in regular season games as early as week six. I am not surprised by this, just a bit disappointed. I was hoping that Commissioner Goodell would have the stones to ban him for the year. Go play in the UFL, CFL or Arena League for a year, prove that you've changed and we'll reinstate you next year. I keep reading people who say that he has the "right" to play in the NFL. No one has a right to play in the NFL. It is a privilege that should be earned and maintained. I just hope that the owners in the league are smart enough to realize that signing Vick will lead to a public relations nightmare. No matter how talented someone is, sometimes they just aren't worth the headaches. For those of you wondering I would treat Leonard Little, Donte Stallworth and Adam "Pacman" Jones the same way!

No comments:

Post a Comment